One of the main advantages of the collaborative economy for consumers who come to it is savings. It is estimated that Spaniards who opt for the collaborative save an average of 934 euros per year . But it is also a source of income for people.
The collaborative economy will generate revenues of 335 billion euros in 2025 worldwide, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Relendo, online rental platform for products between individuals, has analyzed the products and services with which you can make money thanks to collaborative consumption platforms:
- Your things: Spaniards accumulate an average of 53 unused objects in their homes. Platforms like Relendo allow their users to earn an average of 30 euros a day by sharing the things they do not use.
- Your car: People who have a car and do not give it too much use can rent it for hours or days with applications such as Social Car and earn more than 35 euros a day.
- Your parking space: Platforms such as Wesmartpark allow its users to share their garage space, which depending on the time it is rented, can mean an average income for the owner of 9 euros per day.
- Your room: Anyone who has space in their house can make it profitable with applications like Airbnb, with which you can enter about 33 euros a day.
- Your money: Another way to earn extra money is by investing the savings and helping other people to carry out their projects. Zank allows its users to obtain an average return of 9% on the safest investments.
- You yourself: why not share your skills and earn extra income? If you are “a handyman” or a professional in any field, applications like Heygo allow anyone to offer their professional services to other users of the platform and earn an average of 10 euros per hour.
“The collaborative economy has been implemented in such traditional sectors as transport, housing, tourism or even the financial market . Not only have companies seen a business opportunity in these new forms of consumption. People are also benefiting by obtaining extra income, renting from our home to the seat of our car, “explains Dhiren Chatlani, spokesperson for Relendo.
Anyone who wants to make their profits profitable could get extra income every month. For example, someone who only uses his car on the weekend, could rent it the rest of the week and earn between 140 and 160 euros per month .
If you also rent your bike or a camera that barely uses, you could get 5 and 30 euros a day , respectively. In addition, a professional in any field could combine their work by offering their services, for example, three times a week, at 10 euros per hour.
From this simulation, a person could get to earn about 680 euros per month thanks to the opportunities offered by collaborative platforms.